twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Breakdown Wonderland

Mark(et) has left me speechless for the past couple of days. Sorry for the irregular posting. 

Today was just terrible! Last night, the Dow closed -85 points from as much as -133 points. We reacted by taking a nosedive at the open. When the information has been discounted by the market, we consolidated for a while, formed what seemed like a bullish inverse head and shoulder pattern (intraday - weak reliability), which failed, thus continuing the downtrend, slowly but surely. I wonder, if the Dow fell by 200 points, would we have gapped down but still be able to bounce intraday? But because the Dow didn't fall triple digits, what happened instead was an open near yesterday's close, then it's all downhill from there. In effect, the decline was more healthy, so to speak, unlike a massive gap down, which usually attracts bargain hunters that drive the market higher, intraday, at least. 


In the office, most of us are short-term traders. When a stock shows promise of upward momentum, one trader usually shouts that it's the last chance to buy. Today, someone said instead, "Last chance to die." I think Mark has been cuh-razy! I was listening to Adam Lambert's "Whataya Want From Me" and I couldn't help ask Mark the same question. Alam mo un? You're doing everything you can but for some reason, it's just not working out. As in the song, "I need a second to breathe." 

Oh, another one. Tell me if I'm the only one who can relate. :))
"Bum bum be-dum bum bum be-dum bum. What's wrong with me? Why do I feel like this? I'm going crazy now...It's a thief in the night to come and grab you. It can creep up inside you and consume you, a disease of the mind, it can control you. Your mind's in disturbia. Release me from this curse I'm in." 

4 comments:

Samael said...

The bulls need to take a breather too you know. :P

Christina Hunt said...

Red Bull lang kailangan ng mga yan! Hahaha! But seriously, Sam, I haven't been doing well. :| Ikaw, kamusta?

Anonymous said...

The past few days, stocks, currencies and commodities worldwide have been pummeled. It's clear where the short-term bull run has been - unbelievably, the US Dollar. :)

Samael said...

Don't worry you're not alone! :))
Still trying to get back on the groove! :S

Post a Comment