twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Benguet Corporation (BC)


Yes, I'm back to basura. HAHAHA! Being a tsupitera is a hard habit to break. Once bitten by the tsupitero bug, there's no going back. Anyway, BC is just a cheap thrill. Ever since I bottom picked RFM, I can't shake out the feeling that basura plays are back! In fact, when I do my post market notes, my watchlist is dominated by basura stocks... Hmmm... 

Anyway, my story for RFM is, I bought at 1.14 because I thought there was accumulation going on. But I was suddenly shaken out because of the fear that it can consolidate forever!! So, I sold at cost then after a few days, BOOM! Bye bye! Hello, 1.28. Naman... But BC is another story. I bought last Friday at 20.30. Teehee! Look at the chart. I don't know if you see what I saw last Friday but to me, that was a breakout and today it had momentum and I sold! BC is prone to one day spikes... If it still does go up tomorrow, it's okay. Take your profits and run. I was lucky enough that BC behaved according to expectations. What fun! :) More, please! :) 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina,

Welcome back! Goodluck on your basura plays. Looks like the blue chips will be sidelined for the moment...What are your thoughts about CYBR and LC?CMT as well. Thanks and hello again! Chambeng

Christina Hunt said...

Hey Chambeng! It's been a while! :) I think your question regarding LC was answered today. It now looks like a buy the dips! As for CYBR, I'm bullish but I can't confirm this bullishness yet. It's really just moving sideways for now with support at .92 and resistance at 1.04... Definitely, no play yet.. CMT naman is currently correcting back down after rallying to as high as 1.64. it looks okay as long as support at 1.52 holds..

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Cheers indeed! Manage to snag some LC @ 0.95. There's some talk of a Major Buyer. Sino kaya iyon?

bunch of thanks Ms Hunt.

Anonymous said...

There have been a lot of good basura plays lately. :)

Anonymous said...

ms. novice player,

check stock market history (1970-89) BC stocks are one of the best. Stock price was @ P130++ then the "business reversals". Today, this 108 years old Company is BACK. "GROW MODE" turned ON.

Christina Hunt said...

BC at 130? In my database, its all time high is 46 and BCB 58.50. There have been adjustments as I understand it. BC's move today looks promising in the short-term. Pwede 26...

stock n00b said...

wow~ this is really informative. I hope to learn more. it seems there is really money in basura

Christina Hunt said...

There was money in basura.. but money is shifting to blues now..

Post a Comment