twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Momentum, Volume, Price

Today's superstars were definitely PWR and LC. I don't know what's wrong with meeeeee, hindi ako makaporma kanina sa PWR and LC. I saw several buying opportunities in PWR but I felt a bit uncomfortable since it went up significantly already. I boxed the buying windows in PWR that I saw but didn't take. :( Who would have thought PWR would turn out to be such a monster!
LC, on the other hand, barely corrected intraday. Well, considering it only started moving around 11:15am, I guess that makes sense. The pushers couldn't afford to waste any time. Check this: 
GERI tried to be on the limelight but was outshone by PWR and LC. Ang hina kasi sa follow through, GERI. Nakaporma na eh! Maybe tomorrow! Last level of support is at current levels. 
You know what I'm doing right now? I'm shaking myself!! Hahaha! Wake up! Wake up! I need to be in tip top shape tomorrow. I've been waiting for this kind of market and it's finally here!! Act faster! Tsupita mode ON! 

Anyway, I'm fascinated with trying to figure out the right timing in the lightweight basuras. See, I have a lightweight portfolio too, where I tsupita stocks with low volume. Yesterday, I mentioned plays like the one in BC. :P I spotted another one but, I dunno, there's something about today.. hindi ko nasakyan ulit. Waaaah! I'm talking about TDY. =)) Exotic stocks!! Near the open, I was eyeing at around 4.82 this but I got distracted by PWR. The next time I drew my attention back to TDY, it was already above 5. 

I have a theory on how to spot which lightweight basura stock will move next: Volume plus breakout-ish kind of move in price. Volume is important because this raises your probability that the stock will not continue to move sideways because someone is possibly accumulating. To get the timing right, though, you need to pay attention to price so you won't be shaken out just like what happened to me in RFM. To illustrate, here's the chart of TDY. This caught my attention as I was reviewing charts last night.
Right now, I see a good setup in MAC and...EVER! :-ss We have this office joke (half meant) that when EVER moves, that's the end. It's like the ultimate basura so when it moves, that's it for the whole market. :)) Anyway, just speculating... =)) 

5 comments:

Samael said...

Pivot breakouts seems pretty good in chasing momentum christina!

Anonymous said...

EVER moved today!

Christina Hunt said...

I don't use pivot, Sam. Haha! Hassle icompute intraday? :)) I tried it before eh. But if the stock really has momentum, simple price resistances intraday pwede na. Wala na compute compute. Haha!! =))

Abi, yeaaaaah! It did!! Hindi ako nabigyan kahapooooon! No way in hell will I chase that now. Hahaha!! :))

Samael said...

I use weekly and monthly para hindi ako compute ng compute :))
Nung daily pivots gamit ko fail eh =))

Christina Hunt said...

i tried intraday pivots.. sumakto naman pero sobrang matrabaho.. hindi realistic gawin all the time. hulaan nalang!! hahah!! just kidding. :P

Post a Comment