twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Gun-shy

I made my first transaction for the week/month today. I just got back from HK yesterday morning and I was still too groggy to do anything so I didn't even bother watch the market. Today, I woke up 10 minutes after market open so I still didn't go to the office. Hihi! I just watched the market from home. I think that was a good exercise. The past few weeks, I've been having a hard time finding my diskarte since I hear talk from other traders. Several months ago, I described being in the office during trading hours as a sports game with a live commentary. I try to read the market based on my own interpretation of ticker activity but with a commentator around, I can't help but be influenced with his/her sentiment. It's not that I'm weak or I don't have my own opinion..it's just that, it's hard to stick by your own opinions when you hear a contrary point of view from someone you look up to. You get what I mean? Anyway, I'm determined to do better this month. This is my birth month after all. To the best month of the year! Cheers! ;)

Since I am once again thrown back to remedial classes, I am bringing out my small tsupita fund to play. It's easier to cut with this fund! Hahaha! I had a great remedial class last December and it paid off last January. February was bad so, here I am again. Today, I forced myself to read the ticker. The ticker hasn't been telling that much of a story recently but I did notice, if you look closely enough, there are opportunities out there. So, I glued my eyes to the ticker and it pointed out three stocks: LPZ, AEV, and MA.

I bought LPZ today. I am more bullish about AEV since it is forming new highs but currently, it is still trying to find an immediate bottom, probably before resuming it's uptrend. My rule is that I don't bottom pick. So, I will wait for either a bounce or a narrow consolidation/dried up kind of move before buying AEV. But it is definitely at the top of my list. Why LPZ then? Because it broke out from its downtrend. I'm sure it will encounter resistance around the 5.50 level but it's still a breakout. Hello, experiment # 1. I like MA because it looks poised to resume its uptrend. I didn't buy because I don't wanna buy up MA. I was too late; I don't want to chase prices. But it really looks promising as it is starting to prove that it's breakout from its major consolidation is valid.


2 comments:

Harley Wong said...

congrats naman on your LPZ! woot! :)

Christina Hunt said...

I sold too early.. 10 cents too early! Anyway, profit is a profit!! Galing ng LPZ noooo.. Monster!!

Post a Comment