twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Teehee!

When you buy a certain stock at a certain price, it's natural to feel happy when the stock trades above your cost right? I guess it also works the other way around. When you sell a certain stock at a certain price, it's natural to feel happy when the stock trades below your selling price. Heehee! What's the point of all of these? Well, yesterday, I sold DMC at 37.50. I derived such high satisfaction when broker 267 sold DMC down to as low as 37. Sure, DMC bounced soon after that, but the fact that you destroyed it even just for a while remains. Evil Teehee! >:) The satisfaction would have been greater if DMC broke 37 but I'm not that evil. :)) I was tweeting with Gen yesterday and he was saying that DMC was going nowhere before I sold it down. See, I helped! Everybody wins! ;)

Anyway, I did something similar today. I sold NIKL. I've been holding this for a week now, and for me, that's the limit! I sold at 20.55 and 20.50. I felt such a big relief when I saw it close at 20.20. I was waiting for a breakout above 21 but we all know that didn't happen. Yesterday's black candle was the warning signal that resistance was holding. Today confirmed it. 

Let's talk about the general market. Given my better win-loss ratio, I'd say the market is most definitely performing better than February. I told you March is THE month! December 2010 to January 2011 (first half) was a tsupitero heaven. The second half of January up until February was a tsupitero killer. This March, the market is definitely showing some signs of life but I'm not sure if the short-term strategy is still the best strategy. I noticed that if I place tight stop losses, prices would usually just go back above my selling price. So, it's not very efficient. Because of this, I've decided to lengthen my holding period. I feel like this is the time to look for stocks that are bottoming out and be there before they breakout. Haha! That's the anticipating part. But what if you don't want to wait or anticipate? Coz you also run the risk of it just continuing sideways or worse, continuing its downtrend after its consolidation. Well, I look for those stocks that recently went up and are currently correcting back down. When they bounce, HELLO! :) At the top of my list are: SCC, LPZ, DMC, ALI, CMT, AP and AEV. 

General market strategy: Position-ish

I bought MBT and LND today. Honestly, they were impulse purchases. I felt like a kid who grabbed a candy by the cashier counter as I was waiting for my turn to pay. I bought MBT because I felt really frustrated with my BDO because it doesn't want to breakout like MBT. I should have stuck with the leader and not the laggard. I will never buy BDO again! As they say, you're in good hands with Metrobank, right? :P I just realized, I never made money in BDO. Always with MBT. Noted!! :)) Thing is, I can't bring myself to cut loss in BDO. Why? Kasi nandito na eh..I'm just waiting. Malapit na..sana. Haha!

Oh, I'm particularly happy with CMT. I have this certain list of stocks I don't make money from. One of them is BDO. Another is CMT. I broke the curse today. It may have just been 12 cents but given my losing history with CMT, that's a freakin' jackpot! :)) I sold today with an average price of 1.61. 

3 comments:

Harley Wong said...

i am holding 3 stocks in your watch list. sana they continue to trend up!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you're doing well in this rally!

Christina Hunt said...

Good luck, Harley! :)

Thanks, Abi! :) I'm trying my beeeeeest. Mark loves guessing games kasi... :)) Kamusta naman trades, Abi? :)

Post a Comment