twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Survived Whipsaw Wonderland

Woo! After prolonged whipsaws here and there, my portfolio has moved to past break-even today! I'm not doing good so far this year but I really learned a lot. My goal was just to survive a ranging environment. The past month has been very good for range traders but I sticked to where my strength is. I kept on buying the breakouts thinking that a trend is about to start but it was always wrong. I felt proud of myself though that despite a drawdown of 7%, I managed to be unemotional in my trades and kept my faith in my system. Who knows, April may be the best month for trend followers!

Here's my portfolio holdings and performance at the end of Q1. I should get an additional 2% when I get the cash dividend from my AP holdings. :) Good luck in Q2!

The line in green is my equity while the blue line is PSEi.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy 1st quarter indeed. Interesting portfolio and money management. Was LR a big bet to begin with or just a big winner?

I feel like the current environment is more trend friendly already. Cheers and good luck in Q2!

Harley Wong said...

averaged up heavily in LR! :) i'm glad i did coz if not, super down pa rin ako!

agree. sana nga. :) cheers!

Anonymous said...

ah so that's how it happened. I have LR too, 4.63% of portfolio. this year i've oscillated from about +5% to just below 0%. now i'm up 1%. only my brokers have been making money this year hahaha

Post a Comment