twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Megamind Saves the Bloodbath

[Titan hurls a skyscraper] 
Roxanne Ritchi: What's the plan? 
Megamind: It mostly involves *not dying*! 
Roxanne Ritchi: That's a good plan, I like that plan...!


Ollo, everyone!

A simple plan of not dying can be very effective in this market. I'm very thankful I had the discipline to sell when my stops were hit. I was up 4.41% end of last week for November. Then, MEG, MPI and DMC destroyed the party!! I got stopped and profits went poof! Anyway, I'm still proud that my November is still up 1.06%. :)

Since the trend is our friend, and the long term trend is up, I think we can now spot for bargains while waiting for a clear rebound!

On my watchlist is MBT.
MBT respecting EMA(50) at 72/73

If you survived the week, congrats! Good luck on our next trades. :)

10 comments:

Christina Hunt said...

HAHAHA!! Ollo, Harley!

Check out AGI. I like the long tails the past two days. I see it as two things. Either a bear flag or a short-term bottom. :P I'm spotting bottoms for other stocks na rin. I haven't bought coz I want more confirmation but I like what I see. I see a dried up kind of move. A breakout or breakdown should confirm a reversal or a continuation.

Harley Wong said...

yes. I think AGI is perfect for your quick hands :-) i'm also looking into SCC pala. Just remember that this market looks like a sell on rally so we need to be fast :-)

Jun said...

Hi Harley. I'm also a trend follower and a medium term trader.

You did very well. What I don't get is, how come you lost so little? In fact, you even had a small gain for November. Really, that's something to be proud of.

I came into last week 90% positioned and came out 50% positioned and lost 9% of my portfolio value. Although, I followed by cut loss plan. I feel that I under performed here. Maybe because all those trending stocks that lost big time, I was holding most of them (DMC, URC, PNB, MBT, ICT, MPI, etc.)

Did you have a tight trailing stop? Or were you not heavily invested coming into last week?

I'll appreciate if you could share what you did. Thanks.

Harley Wong said...

I was 90% invested that time. :) the trick is that my portfolio is 40% invested in AP :) and most traders know by now that ap managed to survive and even made new highs. i actually have a wide trailing stop 2-2.5x atr. Had i invested more on dmc, my portfolio would have been heavily wounded too like margarito :))

Christina Hunt said...

Nice call on MBT, Harley! :)

Harley Wong said...

Thanks! Nice candle today :)

Jun said...

Thanks for replying. That's lucky. I'm also holding AP.

I bought back some of my positions today. Wouldn't you know it, I sold at the lows last week.

Harley Wong said...

By the way, I have to congratulate you for following your cut loss plan. I think that's the right thing to do. Discipline over emotion!

Talk about selling at the lows! Ms. Hunt used to tease me as a buy indicator coz I'm very prone of doing that! hahaha!

Jun said...

Thanks Harley!

Harley Wong said...

panget price action ng MBT this week, sold!
72.40 -> 71.75.

/sweat

Post a Comment