twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Operation Tsupita

These days, you can't just hit whatever moves. You have to learn how to buy low and sell high. Honestly, that is easier said than done. For the longest time, that trading strategy has always been the hardest for me. I don't like ranges, especially narrow ones. I find it difficult to let go after only a few fluctuations. However, now, I am also finding it hard to hold positions for a long time. My holding period is usually weeks to months. Now, because of my uncertainty in the market, my holding period / patience period has been demoted to days. From now on, I will only buy issues that have already retraced from their recent high and are consolidating near its support, like EDC yesterday and SCC today. :) 

I was able to buy SCC at 85 pesos. I sold half of my holdings at 88.50 and I'm hoping to sell the rest tomorrow. I actually didn't buy a lot. Although SCC went up a lot today, I still don't regret having bought just a little. I'm satisfied with a potentially small profit / loss. By the way, I also intend to lessen the frequency of my trades. I'm hoping I can raise my accuracy first. 

I also bought MER today at 181 and 182. I don't know if I should be worried or happy having MER close at 185. It was able to close at 185 because during the last few minutes of trading, there was a sudden demand and foreign brokerages started bidding MER up. What's up with that?! 

My biggest regret today was cancelling my buy order for MBT at 59. My order would have been matched and I could have been enjoying a 3 fluct gain right now. Sayang! 

Anyway, I was pleased with my performance today. I hope I can keep it up. :) 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been repeatedly hearing everyone say that 3Q is bearish. Any chance a contra bet doing better? That is, betting that 3Q will be better than the current consensus? :)

Anonymous said...

August is coming...its been widely known as the ghost month...

Anonymous said...

Sell ur MER tomorrow buy RLC or AC..

Christina Hunt said...

I heard the same thing... 3Q is bearish, more so on August. But July is 50% bullish, 50% bearish so in the short-term, there may still be opportunities.

I took a look at the PHISIX's monthly chart. I found that more than the bearish 3Q generalization, the bullishness or bearishness of the third quarter depends on the overall trend of the market. Our market is currently consolidating and it's rather difficult to tell what the market will do next. It can continue its sideways trend, reverse its current trend or finally breakout above its narrow congestion. There have been instances wherein the market accelerated its uptrend during the third quarter so to answer your question, yes, there is a chance that the market can do better. Although the weakness in the Dow is worrying, I read in Gus' blog that the correlation between the DJIA and the PHISIX is weakening. Of course, let's still be ready for the worst. In a monthly perspective, the market remains bullish as long as it holds above 3,100 to 3,140.

If you want to see the yearly chart I was looking at, click here: http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4117/phisix.jpg

Christina Hunt said...

Bakit nawawala ung isang comment? :P

MER for RLC or AC? Pwede RLC. I already have SM, although AC is more volatile. :P I'm also thinking SECB or AP. AP is lagging behind AEV. SECB, on the other hand, already retraced from its high of 69. I was just a little intimated with the sell postings this morning. :)) Banks are started to move again.

Christina Hunt said...

Ay! There it is! Sorry, something happened with blogger. It didn't show your comment and even mine for a while. Weird.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Added your site's link on my blog. Hope you don't mind. :)

Christina Hunt said...

Of course, I don't mind. :)

Christina Hunt said...

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what's the url of your blog? Maybe I can visit it too. :)

Anonymous said...

http://genkumag.wordpress.com/

Post a Comment