twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Timeout

Yesterday, we saw some of the strong stocks correct back down like MEG, PNB, RCB, SECB and my current favorite, FLI. I had the mistake of listening to the voice that whispered in my ear to just be patient on FLI. It can reach 1.20 if I would just be patient, it said. I'm starting to make more mistakes nowadays. I know that when a stock accelerates to the upside, that usually indicates that the stock is nearing its peak. To be on the safe side, I should have unloaded some by the close. My "hold" strategy on FLI should have been right had I been able to sell at a price higher than last Wednesday's close of 1.05. Yesterday, FLI reached a high of 1.09 during the first twenty minutes of trading. So, the question is, was I able to sell? As you can already tell, I was not able to sell it at a price above 1.05 for reason's I believe my dad would scold me for. No, but seriously, I was not able to sell it because I came late for work. (Oh gosh, scold me now..) Then, I could have sold it at 1.05 but our internet suddenly stopped working, hence, no connection to PSE. When the computer was back and running, I could only sell FLI at 1.03. I sold my remaining shares at 1.01 and 1.02 today. I believe that was an emotional decision because think about it, if I did not have any shares of FLI and I saw it rise to 1.09, I would be on the lookout to buy. But, I will not buy unless I see a reversal or a bottoming out pattern around the 1 level. 

Anyway, I am contemplating taking a trading break. I told myself before that once I started making more mistakes, I will stop trading. I think it's about time as I have not had a break from trading for a while.


0 comments:

Post a Comment