twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

My Featherweight Champion

Wow! Up 146 points. We'ere starting to move like the Dow ha, in the absolute change kind of way. I don't think I've experienced +/-100 points before last month.

The index broke its downtrend line. I think the question we all want to ask is, "Will we be able to trend up from here?" I think that's possible but the index will still encounter some difficulty going back up so don't expect the index to shoot up. There must still be some people who didn't sell as the market fell and are hoping to sell in this current rally. But there also other people who got spooked with our month long correction and must have sold most of their positions and are currently looking to buy something. (I'm part of this group.) 

My game plan remains the same: Buy the strongest stocks. They will be ones with the smoothest uptrends. I'm still a bit jittery and lacking confidence in other stocks that have corrected a lot. But I'm also rather curious with AT and DMC. They formed a head and shoulder top with no confirmed breakdown yet. Just in case, I am on the lookout for these stocks, in the event they continue their uptrend rather than reverse it. I won't keep my hopes up but that doesn't mean I won't watch out for it. I'm also curious about MPI, EDC and PX...what will they do after they break above their respective downtrend lines. 

A few days ago, I mentioned I was also curious with SMC, BEL, LR and CMT. BEL and LR broke out today. I think SMC and CMT aren't far behind. 

I officially love HLCM. Haha! It's my very own "featherweight champion". Anyway, I allocated a small account for my tsupita trades. I opened this account just last November. I am proud to report a realized 17% return as of today. :-> 9% of which was from HLCM. I bought yesterday at 13.41 and sold today at 16. :) 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

why did you sell your HLCM?

Anonymous said...

Tuesday-Wednesday: Bearish Harami.

Wednesday-Thursday: Roman Candle? Kwitis? It's not in Steve Nison's book, that's for sure! :)

Anonymous said...

Christina, huge favor. Accidentally deleted charting database (everything! ugh.) last night. No backup. No nothing. If it's not too much to ask, would it be okay for me to also ask for a copy of yours? Would be very grateful. :)

Christina Hunt said...

Anon, I sold HLCM because that was my target. Actually, my target was 15 but I saw the posting was thick. Like 150K? I know how HLCM moves and when the buyers are strong, I was sure that they'd eat all the selling at 15 so I posted at 16.

Hahaha!! Abi, you always come up with the best candlestick names! :))

Gen, what charting software do you use? I use Metastock. Would you be able to use my database from here?

Anonymous said...

Amibroker, Ma'am. Ah okay. I thought you had one in spreadsheet format or something.

If not, will have to shift to Metastock then. Haha. Thanks much!

email: boh618 at gmail dot com

Christina Hunt said...

I'll update it lang ha! I'll send it over the weekend. (My indices are lacking some November data. :P)

Anonymous said...

Salamat, salamat, salamat. (Kapal ko talaga. Hay.) Thanks again! :)

Harley Wong said...

gen, there's an option in amibroker "import metastock data". not sure how it works but you may give it a shot.

Christina Hunt said...

Yep! Meron nga! Just click the "Master" file and it should load everything. :)

Anonymous said...

You're both right! Found a link for importing too for dummies like me! I'm saved!

For reference, here's the HowTo guide for importing quotes in Metastock format.

http://www.amibroker.com/docs/ab301.html

Post a Comment