twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

A Valentine's Day Special: A Lesson on pagLalaNDi

I was hoping for a bloodier Valentine's but I guess we're all kind of tired, noh? Anyway, I only played with one stock today and I think it's pretty appropriate. :)) Every time my friends and I play with this stock, we always say, "LumalaNDi ka nanaman". Well, ordinarily, I wouldn't dare buy LND at current levels. Why? Because all I'd ever hope for in this kind of chart setup is a dead cat bounce. I want something that is trending! Then I got to thinking, what trending? In this kind of market, trending prices are a myth! So, my trading system hasn't been that effective recently since I am a buy high and sell higher kind of trader. So, I decided to do something different this time. I sort of bottomed picked LND. When I saw CYBR bottoming out, I thought, LND looked ripe for a bounce. 


See the trading range I drew? I entered on breakout. I wanted to buy at 1.95 but I wasn't given any so I took that as a bullish sign and I bid it up. I was rather pleased when someone followed. My lowest cost was at 1.96, highest of 2. I was only supposed to buy at 1.99 but I was in such a hurry that I accidentally ate up the postings at 2. I day traded 60% of my total holdings. Sold at 2.02 and 2.03. I have two more postings at 2.04 and 2.06. Ooooh, day trade! Another thing I don't ordinarily do. Well, I have to adjust. I'm taking my 5 cent gain. I don't care. Here's to tea money! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i missed the posts... on vac na ba? :)

Kon

Christina Hunt said...

Hey Kon! I didn't post last week coz I was a bit bad trip with the market. :)) This week, I am on vacation. Will not trade. I'm going to HK soon. I want a happy vacation. I don't want to think about the market. :))

Anonymous said...

waaah! mali yung nadelete mo.. :((

anyway, since na may new post ka na, i could say na i missED your posts.. :)

Enjoy your HK vac!

-Kon

Christina Hunt said...

Ano ba diff ng first and second comment? Parang parehas? Hahaha!! Ung first comment ba ung dapat kong inerase? Hihi! :))

Nahiya naman ako sayo, Kon, kaya ayan, nagupdate ako. Hahahaha!! :)

Christina Hunt said...

Aaaah! May ED! Hahahaha!! Ang hina ko sa spot the difference. :))

Post a Comment