twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Greed is Good

Yesterday, I was already so happy to have made a 55 cent gain on URC. Day trade! I bought at 33.10 and sold at 33.65. I was really just after the spike up after its tight consolidation. Seeing that it spiked up after I bought, I sold it near the close. After all, before I entered the trade, I already planned my exit. The setup I was looking for presented itself, so I took it. Today, I couldn't help but laugh at the market's humor as URC closed at the highs at 34.50. Here I was trying not to be greedy but I noticed that every time I try not to, the market just keeps on showing me that even a little greed is good. 

Today, I was able to sell a quarter of my FLI holdings at 1.12 and another quarter on 1.15. Two days ago, I really thought I didn't read FLI correctly. Remember I bought back higher at 1.05 and 1.04 after selling it at 1.01 to 1.03? The next day, it formed a potential bearish dark cloud cover but I didn't get to sell as it closed at the sellers price of 1.03. Good thing it was able to close at 1.08 yesterday and it made a follow through move today. Should it spike another day, I still have two more sell postings above. If my sell orders get hit before FLI corrects, I sure hope it falls back down after so I can buy back. *evil grin*

Just as a side story, FLI is my first love in the stock market. I first bought it when it was still at 0.32. I was shaken out, not because I was bearish but because it was one of my first few trades. This was during March 2009. I was very shaky during my first week of trading. I sold at 0.34 only to watch it "FLI" to 0.42. The next time it consolidated around the 0.40 level, I made sure I bought and I refused to be shaken out. I was able to sell this at around 0.65. I was in and out after this and I was able to ride it the first and second time it attempted to break the 1 level. It seems FLI and I started where we left off one year ago. This time, we are seeing new heights! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment