twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Regroup


Ahh.. Breakout! The market closed 56 points higher with the Lopez group, banking and property sector leading the way. Retest of the all-time high of 4413, coming? For some reason, I'm not as ecstatic as I thought I'd be. I feel like such a sore loser but it's my fault, anyway, since I adamantly refused to sell my "FUN FUN Stocks", as genkumag would call it. My Fun Fun Stocks are GERI and CMT. Out of impatience, I sold some of my CMT at a loss. I've been waiting for it to trend up but it has done nothing but threaten my cost. I'm giving it until tomorrow. If it still doesn't go up tomorrow, I'm selling it all. I still can't shake the feeling that CMT will spike up after I sell. This reminds me so much of GERI and how I ended up buying back higher. Thing is, the play just isn't in the third liners yet. I feel agitated when my positions are underperforming. I missed some rallies because I was locked in these issues. GERI and CMT comprise 25% of my total portfolio each. I sold the 10% allocation for CMT so it now only comprises 15% of my total portfolio. Why settle for sideways when there are issues that are trending, right? So, I'm fixing my portfolio. More blues and seconds! I'm particularly pleased with MBT but volume is still a bit of a concern.  I'm on the lookout for DMC, ICT, and some mining issues. 

Speaking of mining issues, I found something interesting today so I decided to experiment. I know mining issues (PX, MA/B, LC/B) found short-term peaks but LCB was still able to take on a new high today. As for momentum trades, the scarier, the better! And LC is definitely scares the pants off me. :P  I bought a 5% position at 0.75. The upside I'm looking at is actually only 0.79 and 0.80 but I had to satisfy a curiosity so I only bought at small position to offset my uncertainty. I'm on the lookout for a flag formation for PX and MA. Stick to the strongest stocks, right? 


2 comments:

Namee said...

dmc go!

Christina Hunt said...

GO DMC, GO!! Hahaha! I hope 47 holds... :P

Post a Comment