twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Window Dressing

(March 31, 2011 Late Post)

EXIT*! In the two years that I've been trading, I never understood how window dressing was such a big deal. Sure, it's the end of the quarter but nothing ever happens. Maybe some forced closings here and there but there was never momentum intraday. Today was quite different. We had breakouts everywhere (empahsis on AP)! :P It's like, "Ohhh, life!" Now the question is, can this 'life' be sustained? My boss was joking/warning us this morning, "April na bukas ha. Baka ma-April fools kayo." Hahaha! 

By the way, I'm still amazed with what happened with DGTL. Imagine, such bullishness one day and then such devastation the next! Worse thing is, pinahintay ka pa ng isang araw. It was suspended two days ago right? :)) I actually got around 1.60's. I sold half at 1.89 and cancelled my selling at 1.98! Oh such regret. And to think I bought back the shares I sold at the close. But thing is, I'm so fascinated with incredible gap down on news regarding a tender offer at 1.60 that I didn't mind my loss that much. Maybe it's got something to do with me just buying a miniscule position. Anyway, two words come to mind when I recall the devastation that was DGTL: awestruck and breathtaking (forgive the unparrallel construction). You know, words that sound like they 'hit' or 'took' something from you. :)) 

 

*EXIT - Isn't that short for EXcITing? Don't believe me? Try opening a door with an EXIT sign. Alligators are waiting there. Don't say I didn't warn you. Oh wait, this can only be found in the "Evil Lair". Secret location. :)) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't gained anything from my DGTL trade at all. It's a small loss now but a small plus if I take the 1.60 tender offer. At this rate, I sure hope there is one. :)

Christina Hunt said...

Hahaha! Tyaga, Abi! Yeah, I hope there is one too, even though I sold mine na. :P Gave up. Shift shift shift! :P

Post a Comment