twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Breakdown Monday

Down 89 points! I haven't seen that in a while but I certainly didn't miss it! I had some very expensive mistakes last week. I tried to position on stocks that looked bullish in a more medium term perspective. I thought, let's be a little patient. Well, I sold RCB this morning and PX (buy back fail) and DMC last week. A little loss but lesson learned! I think the market is telling me something. Well, I knew it all a long but for some reason, I wasn't acting on it. 

My tsupita fund did pretty well last year and this year. I think I'm gonna replicate that. My only problem now is money management. See, my other portfolio is significantly bigger than my tsupita fund. It's an experimental fund and it has a high risk profile. Since the other fund is bigger, my approach there is a bit more cautious. Given the current plays now, I think I'll lessen my maximum exposure per stock, maybe 15% instead of my usual 25% until I get used to it or something. 

So, today, I sold all my positions, namely, CYBR, BEL and RCB. I bought CYBR last Friday and BEL last Thursday and Friday (average up). That contributed 2% from my total portfolio in 1 to 2 days. That would have been nice but if you plot my portfolio return into like, a candlestick, it would be a black candle. :-( I "opened" 4% up, now I'm only up by 1.3%. There's something I'm doing wrong. Yes. Now, let's try to do the right thing. Let's ride the waves and selective plays! This time, let's try to maximize.  

I slacked off a bit today. See, as always, I prepared some trading notes yesterday. When I saw them all breakdown, I thought, "Sheeeesh!" I should have checked the other stocks. Notes are just there for reference. Selective plays are determined on the spot! Flexibility, Christina! Well, I was a bit discouraged when I saw that the market was down 89 points. So, I didn't notice that there were other stocks that bounced! PCOR, SMC, SMB (fantastic!) and FDC. Of the four, I think I like FDC and SMB best. Will watch it tomorrow! In this case, I don't think I'll be minding the index anymore. I actually haven't been for a while. Again, I don't know why I suddenly did today. The stocks I'll be playing move against the index, after all. Let's do this! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment