twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

WILD

So this is what happens when you choose stress over boredom. I was getting bored already and I was willing to experiment on possible plays or promising setups. PCOR, SMC, SMB and FDC were a failure. So, I was on the lookout for the next best thing. I saw LND. I like the daily chart, so, I consulted the intraday chart for a good entry price. I saw that it was moving within a range between 1.39 to 1.43. "Sige nga," I thought. "Ipabreakout natin!" I exposed 3% from my total portfolio at 1.44. Fail! It was sold down to as low as 1.41. I sold at 1.42. (Yes, I know LND closed at 1.59. I'll get there later.) 

So, on to the next trade! I saw a possible flag formation for CYBR. Intraday charts were also saying a breakout from its downtrend line. I exposed 8% of my portfolio there. That was a "chicken" position sizing call for me. I bought 5% at 1.01. Then when I saw that it was still being bought up, "Aha!" I thought. I bought another 3% at 1.02. I was really getting a bit stressed already because it just kept on going back and forth, at first. 1.01, then 1.02, then back to 1.01, buy up till 1.03 then back to 1.02... Then suddenly, BUYERS! It was bought up to 1.04 until my sell postings were hit at at 1.05 and 1.07. I was so happy to have made "coffee" money. And then it went up to 1.08 and to as high as 1.19. Waaaah! :)) I bought back higher at an average price of 1.15. I completed my 15% allocation at the close. 

Anyway, I mentioned I like LND's daily chart right? I was expecting it was going to breakdown today. The fact it didn't is an indication for me that prices have a chance of going up. So, when I saw that it was fighting to hold above 1.42, and was even bought up to as high as 1.44, I decided that there really is something going on here. I posted a buy at 1.42 and thankfully, I was able to get most of the shares I sold at that price back. I also bought some more at 1.43 until 1.46! The buying didn't stop until it reached 1.60. Phew! I was able to buy more at 1.52 and even 1.58 and 1.59! Seriously, it was so hard to buy LND this morning. As Miko would always say, "The harder it is to buy the stock, the better!" 

I also noticed something else near the close. It was like a diamond in the ticker. It was sparkling every time I saw it on the board. Honest! So, I checked it out. It looked like a pennant. Since I was on experimentation mode, I bought 5% at 247 to 247.8. At first, I was doubting my entry because they kept on selling it down to 246! But wait, the buyers just kept on popping up. When it crossed 248, I knew I made the right call so I bought more at 249 and even 252. :) Good day! 

4 comments:

surfer said...

hi christina,

nice blow by blow story telling...hehehe
Lnd is a true lab of mine this year...i hope she does not break my heart...hahaha

i did not see a diamond, i saw a bamboo pole and something waving ...at me...hehehe
got in at 255. pareho ba? :)

Christina Hunt said...

Haha! Thanks, surfer! Oh yeah, LND? Ano cost mo?? Galing ah!

Hahaha!! Parehas pala tayo eh.. MER talked to us!! I bought more today! ;)

surfer said...

ehhhh, 0.79???? diba sabay sana tayo sa Lnd?

then added more buys in between...fully loaded na...hahaha

Christina Hunt said...

Hahahaha!! Cyempre, nabenta ko ung akin ng maaga tapos buy back hgiher. Tapos laro laro nalang. :)) Congrats, Surfer!! :)

Post a Comment