twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

B. A. R.

Hello! Hello! Exciting past couple of days, huh? Monday, we had a continuation of the run the property sector did last Friday. Yesterday, the property sector took a breather and mining stocks led by PX and AT took the lead. With the Dow up almost 200 points last night, a lot of issues went up. PX and AT gapped up at the open but closed lower than their opening prices. 

Last night, I wasn't sure whether to be happy or sad that the Dow was up 140+. This was before 12mn. Notice, as the Dow approached their close, they went higher and higher. What about us? We were up around 50 points by the open but we closed only 24 points up. Because the Dow went up so much today, I'm expecting a little correction. If it really does correct, then I hope we go up tomorrow! Sila naman ung pababa, tayo pataas. Hihihi! 

I bought back MEG higher today. Yesterday, I sold the shares I bought at 2.27 and 2.28 last Friday. Today, I bought them back at 2.41. What was my reason for selling anyway? So that I have something to sell. Bad reason, I know. But something changed and I suddenly found myself with a "sari-sari" portfolio. So, I felt like I needed to sell something and decided to sell MEG at a profit. It's rather contradictory because I found out that one of the benefits of having a sari-sari portfolio is that when a certain group of stocks isn't moving, you don't feel impatient because there's another group that is moving. I think it's me. I'm not used to having this kind of portfolio. Let's experiment a little. :P 

By the way, my dislike for EEI has been renewed today. 

I wonder when the banking sector will start to move. A lot of banking issues are consolidating within a narrow range. I think only UBP was the one that continued its uptrend. All the rest are stuck in a range. 

If you're wondering what B. A. R. means, no, it's not The Bar Vodka or anything alcohol related, although I hope they make me intoxicated with happiness this week! B.A.R... The three stocks I bought today. B broke out today. A is about to, since it usually moves with B, while R is trying to bottom out at current levels. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me have a wild guess.. BRN, ABA, RFM.. :D

Anonymous said...

EEI? Ikaw rin???

Fell out of love after getting burned twice! And to think it was my first love... Never again. Haha!

Christina Hunt said...

@Anonymous: Guess again. :P

@Gen: What a heartbreaking love story! Hahaha! :P I can't even count how many times I got burned in EEI already. Hay.

Harley Wong said...

APC :) galing!

Christina Hunt said...

Woohoo! :) Harley, tinatawag ka ng GMAP. Hahaha!

Harley Wong said...

hay nako!! hahaha! "ang hirap maging indicator" :p enjoy the ride!

Anonymous said...

B-- cant guess of anything haha
ANI,
RLC

Christina Hunt said...

Harley got the A. What's the B that's correlated with that? R is.... still a secret. I'll give a clue next time. Haha!

Harley Wong said...

Anonymous introduce yourself :)

based on price action looks like something is cooking with LR, BEL and APC.

Anj, dati partner ni APC si SINO dba?

B is BEL? :)

Christina Hunt said...

Ring my BEL! Hahaha!

BEL, APC and SINO usually move together but I noticed SINO is just weakly correlated to the two. I'd stick with BEL and APC unless proven wrong by SINO, that is, when SINO begins to trend up. All the while that the two were trending, SINO was stuck in a range.

Luto na ata ung LR. Hahaha! Kidding. Chance to buy perhaps? It's correcting.

Harley Wong said...

mukhang si APC ang sumunod kay LR eh :) BEL, APC, LR all under Ocier mgmt dba? Let's see in the coming days.

Christina Hunt said...

Ocier is just an independent director in LR. He's the chairman, president and CEO of APC, chairman of SINO and the vice chairman of BEL.

Harley! Nakita mo ung galaw ng URC? Galiiiiing. Haha! :D

Post a Comment