twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Security Reasons

If you don't already know, trading was halted today for security reasons. Now, what does that mean? When I first read the notification regarding the halt, I really had no idea what the 'security reason' possibly be. This is the first time I encountered that. It is usually for network problems. Apparently, Tower One had a bomb threat and everyone had to evacuate the trading floor and the whole building for that matter. This was at 10.20am. Whether trading would be extended, we weren't really sure so some of the traders in the office just left. I heard the traders from the floor disbursed to neighboring establishments like Starbucks upon exiting the building. With the sweep taking at least an hour, the likelihood trading will resume before 12 is slim. Good thing I decided to stay behind because trading resumed at 1 pm. We haven't had lunch so we decided to just order from MCDO. Funny, it turns out, our friends from downstairs also had their lunch in MCDO. Apir! :)

I remember I mentioned before that buying/selling behavior changes whenever the market is halted. The real trend usually manifests itself immediately as orders are sent out sooner rather than later. Basically, I see the halts as a catalyst for momentum to kick in. Today, the behavior showed a little variation but was essentially the same. We first had a shallow correction, which is understandable given the bomb threat but apparently, that was short-lived as we rallied soon after. Of course, the 129 point gain in the Dow contributed to the market's enthusiasm but the halt made the eventual rise more urgent. To tell you the truth, I got dizzy this afternoon as almost all of the stocks on my watchlist were moving! I felt the urgency. And those that lacked that urgency fell, which only makes the lack of buying pressure more obvious as compared to normal trading when it can be hidden by keeping prices at a certain level. This is all just intraday tough. Tomorrow could be different. Just keep in mind that the index is still moving sideways and we are now back closer to resistance at 4,253. 

Today was a bit frustrating for me. I sold AP too soon at 26.45. Talk about intraday lows! I was supposed to buy back when the market resumed but I chickened out when prices suddenly corrected. It snapped back up but it was only upon break of 26.80 that I decided to buy back. AP closed 2 flucts above my cost but you know what keeps appearing on my mind? A consolidation at current levels in the next couple of days. Maybe I'm just "praning". Also, I had a buy posting of PNB at 65. I didn't get to cancel it upon resumption of trading and my order got hit. PNB closed at 64.30. Selling AP early and the matching of my order for PNB spoiled my mood a little. 

The superstar today was RFM. Drool.  

:P 

8 comments:

Samael said...

Some guru has a "buy" reco on RFM last night! XD

Foreign Investor said...

Samael, are you talking about an institutional brokerage? which Guru? just wondering..still holding on to RFM
Hehe

Christina Hunt said...

I have the same question. Which guru? :) RFM appears to have hit resistance again today but I still think a break above 2 will come...one of these days. Haha! :)

Samael said...

Mr. Investor, he's not, although he does have a large set of followers.

Though I heard from the grapevine that ATR has a TP for it at somewhere 2.70.

Ha! Try to browse the trading forums Ange! You'll find out who I am talking about hehe. I frequently check his thread to see what to sell! :))

I doubt that it will advance early next week although weekly chart is looking good already(started early Oct).

Christina Hunt said...

Sa TP ba to? Starting with the letter A? Hahaha! :P

Harley Wong said...

RFM is on my watchlist kanina :) my buy stop is at 2.01-2.02. Obviously not hit.

Enjoy your long weekend, guys.

Foreign Investor said...

Oh so he is a TP Guru then I know haha

Samael said...

Hala pinoy henyo na haha

Post a Comment