twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

50-50

All day long I heard a little bird say, "Power to the people!" and "More energy mas happy!" That same bird was also whispering a shift in play from mining to power. True enough, LC, PX, AT and MA were devastatingly down today while EDC crossed a new high and FGEN looks poised to break above its prior high of 14.18. Another spectacular issue today was JGS. On the other hand, issues like DGTL, PNB, and RCB were kinda depressing since they formed dark cloud covers, and MEG, a bearish engulfing pattern. 

This morning, I didn't know what to feel. Now that I think about it, I think I'm dissatisfied with my current portfolio. Over the weekend, I decided to buy LPZ instead of more EDC. The Lopezes comprise of 25% of my total portfolio. I also decided to allocate another 25% to mining. 10% is already on PX and I'm not satisfied with my entry. Now I'm forced to go long. I haven't done that in a while. Hmm... I was careless. How could I have let this happen?! Tsk. My conflict is...I'm generally bullish about it. Even so, I should have still set a stop at yesterday's close. Now I have to bear with the volatility. Should I say hello to 14 pesos? I think I have to get ready... :-S

I'm also growing impatient with my other position, which holds 30% of my current portfolio. I hope it's worth it!! Well, if you do the math, the figures don't sum up to 100%. Around 27% is allocated to my "lightweights" (consider the balance as my cash position). These lightweights are illiquid issues that may easily be driven up if and when their respective jockeys decide to do so. Hihi! Of all my holdings, I like my lightweight stock selection the most but I can't load up on them because I know I'd have a hard time getting out. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Christina,

Attention focused on POWER stocks. I've got a few EDCs that I've dispatched, just waiting for a pullback. Ah JGS ....right before my eyes I saw it rising ...but did not do anything about it...gun shy.

Chambeng

Anonymous said...

nice input anj... 100% EDC ako ngayon....

Christina Hunt said...

Chambeng, observe the price behavior of stocks that have made a new all time high. :) Stocks like AP, DMC, JGS, URC... EDC is only beginning... I highly recommend that buy on pullback (if any). Mwahaha! :) Oooooh JGS... (daydreaming)

Anonymous, wait, wait, wait... How do I know you as? :) Hahaha! Go EDC! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats ...o sige na nga I'll buy it up ;-P
( really? he he he ) ...by the way, any news on RFM? have you exited this already? I still have it.

Chambeng

Christina Hunt said...

I was just kidding with the buy on pullback "IF ANY". Hahaha! I'm not so sure how sharp EDC's move will be. Third day up na cya bukas! So, buy up with caution... :P I'm looking at a short-term target of 6.7. I'm hoping that will be reached on this upswing. Hmm... FPH nalang kaya? :P There's a lower risk entry opportunity there.

RFM? I exited the trade already! :( I should have sold RFM the next day when it didn't continue the "breakout". Read this: http://genkumag.wordpress.com/2010/09/25/rfm-foods-corp-rfm-following-the-trend-gmma-style/

Uprend might not be over yet.. Maybe sideways first.

Anonymous said...

oo naman, i know you were kidding :-) ... I cheer EDC for a prolonged profitable ride ( pero maki-angkas ako he he he )

VLL looks good as well...pero hintay pa rin ...or back into JGS' arms ...

Chambeng

Christina Hunt said...

Hahaha! :) Let's cheer together then! :)

Ano ba hawak mo ngayon, Chambeng? :)

Anonymous said...

:-) Just some RFM . been monitoring VLL, possible EDC buyback ... perhaps AP as well.

Chambeng

Post a Comment