twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Go, Mining!

I made several mistakes this week. First, I bought APC at 0.76 two days ago. Unfortunately, it didn't continue its run and formed a dark cloud cover the next day. I was lucky enough to have been able to sell at the same price yesterday as APC closed at 0.74. Second, I was able to buy LND at 0.78 and 0.80, and 0.81 but I didn't sell at my initial target of 0.86. I sold too late at 0.81 and even 0.79 and 0.80 yesterday. I'm still deciding whether my buying of MA at 0.022 was a mistake or not.  Although I'm bullish on MA, I think my entry price could have been lower. I guess I'll find out on Monday. And finally, the biggest disaster of the week was when I decided to buy PIP on the spur of the moment. As if that wasn't bad enough, I felt so pressured with PIP that I also decided to sell some AT at 13.98. 

Hindi na ako iinom ng PEPSI!! Hahaha!

Realizations:
1. In playing stocks like APC and LND, I have to be faster than ever. I can't just sit there and watch like I do with my blue chips. Survival is primary. To profit is secondary. 
2. I cannot take on unplanned trades. Sure, that sounds like a no brainer but when you watch the ticker every second, it's hard not to be attracted to momentum. Basura momentum play is certainly different from the momentum of blue chips and/or second liners that I'm used to playing. 

I've been careless lately. I need to change that. Thank you, Market, for showing me what I've been doing wrong. 

Anyway, enough about the negatives. Today was a rather good day, especially to one of the brokers in the office. She was cheering the whole morning. She had four of the biggest gainers for the day: AGI, PX, PNB, and something else... :-P I was quite pleased with my AT and PX too. Do I see 16, coming? Hihihi! 

LC was also quite spectacular today. I expected further correction but the fact that it didn't was a very bullish signal for me. I didn't get to buy though because I noticed it too late and I didn't want to buy up. So, when I saw MA start to move, I bought that instead. Hahaha! I bought another mining stock too. Hihi! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your MA trade, Ms. Hunt. :)

Christina Hunt said...

Thanks!! Anyway, PX won the race to 16 after all... :)

Post a Comment