twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Only in the Philippines

The PHISIX closed the week at a new all time of 3,902.56. Last Thursday, the market was actually supposed to close only 62 points higher. Once again, DBP Daiwa was successful in pushing the index at the last minute, raising the index with an additional 35 points. Major index movers were ALI, which ought to have closed at 18, but jumped to 18.70; SMPH, 11.80 to 12.26; GLO, 830 to 863. The PHISIX ended the day higher by 97 points in total. I don't think you'd be able to see such radical forced closings anywhere in the world.

I didn't do much last Thursday. I thought that maybe, if I looked around, I'd get too excited with the big moves other stocks were doing. For example, I sold AGI, EDC and MBT too early. I wasn't able to buy them back then I saw them go beyond my selling price. I tried to remember that was able to shift to some winners too. I may also have some laggards, sure, but that should be a good mix. I don't want them to move all at once or I'd get dizzy. 

I felt relieved that my buying spree the day before was justified somehow. The only mistake I made was buying PX at 12.62 last Wednesday. I sold it the next day at 12.44 and 12.40. PX closed at 12.32. I think PX already reversed its downtrend so it should be a good buy on retracement. Same goes for AT. 

So, I sold my PX right? Nako, I had cash! I saw something interesting and decided to buy it. PIP! I've been watching and waiting for the right opportunity. It seems, it bottomed out at 2.80 and last Thursday was the first day up. It was also a comfort that 220 was still there. 

Another stock that caught my attention was RFM. Oh gosh. I'm fully invested. I need to liquidate something! ;) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment