twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Missed Profits of a Novice Trader

I missed the ride in LC after holding it for more than a year with an average of .24 and holding a million shares. I sold it a month ago thinking that no move is going to happen soon. Shouldn't get affected with this opportunity loss but I can't help missing that quarter million profit. And should have been my jackpot for this year! Waaaaaaa! Congrats to my sister for being so patient with hers!

Another thing I missed is DGTL that gapped up today. I bought at 1.57 then I sold at 1.52 thinking that the buy signal I got was a false one. I violated my system since my stop level was at 1.36. Mr. Market wanted to punish me for doing so! :)

DGTL broke out its 55-day high today and might start to trend up in the medium term.

Lesson learned: STICK TO YOUR SYSTEM! :)

On the positive note, my CPM looks good to trend up further.

My AT is perfect and my LPZ is still trending up!

Summary of signals generated on my system for the week:

AP - Sell (10-day low break)
BPI - Sell (10-day low break)
DGTL - Buy (20-day and 55-day breakout)

So how about you? What're your most frustrating missed opportunities? What did you do about it?

9 comments:

Samael said...

held on to ict for a month before with a measly 5% gain while RFM and PNB was jumping like crazy lol

Christina Hunt said...

Harley! I had a crazy day today. Was able to sell AT and MA at their day's high, 16.52 and 0.03, respectively. BUT! I also bought PX at the high of 16.22. Sheesh! Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

awww.. that hurts dude...

as for me, i guess selling all my pnb 2 weeks back at 48..

-Kon

Harley Wong said...

ride the trend na lang Hunt! Just like what you did in SM! What was your most frustrating though? hahaha!

Kon, I am also a PNB whipsaw victim!

Christina Hunt said...

Hrmm... SM! Hahaha! I sold na! Max holding period reached. HAHAHA! It's move last Friday looks promising though. I'm looking for something cheaper too that would yield a higher percentage return (relative to my portfolio) given the same holding period.

Most frustrating? Nako. Too many to mention. And I don't want to recall. Masakit sa puso. Hahaha! Let's just look forward. Buy the dips nalang on DGTL then. :) I'm looking at a break above recent high.

Christina Hunt said...

BTW harley, what do you think, sell na ba ang LC? It went past my target already.

Harley Wong said...

Sabi nga nila cut your losses short and let your profits run :) i say move your initial stop to your initial target unless you don't want to risk it na.

Amorito Girl said...

speaking of LC! huhuhuhu nag cut na ako!! ouch!

Christina Hunt said...

Ano cost mo? :((

Post a Comment