twitter
    Stocks are bought on expectations, not facts.

Welcome to Basura Wonderland

(Late post for September 16, 2010)

The wonderland actually opened yesterday with SPH as the opening act. Today, we were greeted with a broader based basura rally. The market just opened and I already saw the likes of PAX, IP, EG, running across the tape. Some opened higher but not all gains were sustained. NI reached a high of 3.45 but closed at 3.37; LND high of 0.87, closed at 0.82; SPH high of 3.10, closed at 2.75. Yikes! Biggest gainers were ELI, GEO, SUN and POPI (in no particular order). 

There were actually some spectacular moves on non-basura stocks too: AP was able to rebound from its low of 21.35; FPH broke above its previous high of 67.7 to close the day at 59; UBP accelerated to the upside, gaining a 2.50 peso gain; MER extended its uptrend to close at 212; and oh, SM spiked to 550! 

Hmm... I'm kind of in a dilemma. I don't really like playing with basura stocks but at the same time, I don't feel comfortable in buying my favorite issues at current levels. The last time I played basura issues, I was just about breakeven for several months. Hmmm... Why is it that I can tsupita the likes of MBT, DMC, and AP but I can't play CYBR, LND, APC properly? 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

True true true

Post a Comment